Small Town Feel with Global Connections
Situated in beautiful Southwest Michigan, Battle Creek contains more land than all but two other Michigan cities. This vast land resource is home to a bustling residential and business community.
World-renowned as a small town in the global economy, Battle Creek is a community with abundant resources, that values existing businesses and industries and views the attraction of new businesses as a means of strengthening that base. Battle Creek is an energetic city on the move, ready to meet the challenges of the future.
Here you can enjoy the assets of a progressive community without suffering the congestion of a major urban center. The average commute time is about 20 minutes.
- Battle Creek Executive Airport in Battle Creek is a general aviation, corporate flight, and aviation service facility. Adjacent to Fort Custer Industrial Park, the airport has a 10,003-foot runway accommodating any aircraft built today. Hundreds of acres remain available for development.
- Battle Creek Executive Airport is the base of operations for approximately 55 private individuals as well as Western Michigan University College of Aviation, the Battle Creek Air National Guard (federally designated the 110th Attack Wing), Duncan Aviation, WACO Classic Aircraft and Centennial Aircraft Services.
- The Battle Creek Executive Airport is designated the Battle Creek Aviation & e-Learning SmartzoneSM by the State of Michigan. Learn more.
- Commercial passenger services are available at several surrounding airports including Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport (20 miles), Lansing Capital City Airport (55 miles), Gerald R. Ford International Airport (56 miles) and Detroit Metro Airport (110 miles).
- Amtrak provides service to major cities with daily connections to Chicago and Detroit.
- Canadian National provides freight rail service.
- Norfolk Southern provides freight rail service.
- Battle Creek Transit provides urban bus service within the Battle Creek area.
- Greyhound provides service to major cities nationwide.
- Indian Trails provides service to major cities nationwide.
NON-MOTORIZED TRANSPORTATION NETWORK
- The Battle Creek Linear Park offers over 20 miles of paved pathway that winds through the city, wooded areas, open fields, parks, rivers, and even some commercial areas for walking, jogging, cycling, and skating.