Data & Demographics
Numbers Tell the Story
Battle Creek offers a strong community with a growing population of potential employees and employers. We've pulled together some of the data for you and are happy to answer more specific questions. Numbers tell a great story and ours includes lots of great numbers.
- A growing population: 53,000 people in Battle Creek, 134,386 in Calhoun County
- An approximate workforce of over 1.9 Million people within a one-hour commute
- 3,000 acre Fort Custer Industrial Park
- State of Michigan ranked #2 in overall R&D Investments
- 6% corporate income tax, 11th best in the US
- 4.25% personal income tax
- Average commute of 20 minutes
Battle Creek continues to grow and diversify in the types of businesses that call this place home, including 25 international companies. Our city leaders are also focused on collaboration to continue to improve workforce training and development, higher education, and community development.
*BCU uses JobsEQ to access and report our labor market data.
STRONGEST INDUSTRY SECTORS
- Food and Agriculture
- Defense and Logistics
- Healthcare and Social Services
TOP BATTLE CREEK EMPLOYERS
Battle Creek is home to many major companies all in varying industries.
|Denso Manufacturing Michigan, Inc.||2,500|
|Firekeepers Casino Casino||1,730|
|Veterans Administration Medical Center||1,600|
|Hart-Doyle-Inouye Federal Center||1,500|
|Bronson Battle Creek||1,231|
|Fort Custer Training Center||825|
|Michigan Air National Guard||650|
|Musashi Auto Parts, Inc.||649|
|II Stanley Company, Inc||609|
|Post Consumer Brands||571|
|City of Battle Creek||530|