Starting a Business In Battle Creek
Start-ups and entrepreneurs are a big part of our local economy. Every business starts somewhere, and those who decide to start their business here are sure to receive resources and support from our organization and several others in the area.
Battle Creek offers a variety of retail and office spaces, even some incubator spaces for those who are truly in their start-up phase. We can connect you with other organizations who can provide mentoring, support services and additional funding options that you may not be able to find on your own.
Entrepreneurial Resources in Battle Creek
Battle Creek is rich in small-business resources and support. Here are a few partners:
- Collab BC – Coworking office space in downtown Battle Creek for individuals, small teams, and gatherings. Collab BC, which has several membership packages, offers both common and private work areas for startups, freelancers, consultants, and others.
- Northern Initiatives – Community development financial institution that manages the Battle Creek Small Business Loan Fund, a $10 million program. Northern Initiatives also provides other business services to entrepreneurs.
- SecondMuse – A community-sourced incubator to help spearhead the development of Battle Creek’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. The group offers a variety of startup services.
- Chamber of Commerce – The Battle Creek Area Chamber of Commerce provides information, connections, and services for small-businesses members. The group helps community partners address challenges and opportunities alike.
- Small Business Development (SBD) – The City of Battle Creek’s own SBD provides economic development services to small businesses throughout the community. The team coordinates on projects with the City’s planning and zoning, inspections, and community development branches.