Does making an impact and positioning the community for future growth through economic development intrigue you? Looking to launch your post-secondary career? Do you want to work with a dynamic organization that serves a diverse community and is on the upswing by bringing jobs and investments to the Battle Creek Community? Look no further, Battle Creek Unlimited has the job for you. Our work is mission-driven, fulfilling, and fun.
We seek a candidate who is motivated, a team-player, deadline-oriented, and a creative thinker who wants to make a difference. In this cultivating environment, there is an opportunity to learn and grow quickly with the Battle Creek Unlimited team – as you work side by side with energetic business professionals on the forefront of economic development. Remote work systems are in place to allow for flexibility within reason. This job offers excellent benefits and unlimited possibilities. Minimal economic development experience required but preferred.
Economic Development & Innovation Coordinator (Exempt-Fulltime)
The job encompasses a wide variety of work, including administrative and marketing support services; coordination of projects, programs, and activities in support of the mission; leading website and social management and initiatives; drafting of proposals and presentation; research; meeting coordination; event planning; community engagement; general office duties; and assists with special projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
• Three (3) years of full-time work experience or a post-secondary resume in a closely related area of business, marketing, public relations, or communications.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is desired unless you have relevant work experience.
• Experience with desktop publishing, graphic design, Adobe products, Publisher, Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Social Media platforms, and Salesforce (CRM) preferred.
• Availability to attend in-person meetings on nights/weekends and to reach the office in cases of emergency.
• Possess the temperament and flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced and energetic environment.
• Very strong verbal, written, and oral communication skills
• Strong multi-tasking skills, meeting deadlines, and performing under pressure.
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
• Must be a self-starter, requiring minimal direction for completing assignments.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information. Absolute integrity and discretion are essential.
Pay Range: $45,000 – $55,000 with an excellent benefit package. Desired residency established in the City of Battle Creek within six months. Relocation packages offered.
Deadline to Submit: Please submit resume, cover letter, references to: email@example.com
Resumes are due by July 23, 2021. Interviews will occur in August.
More about the Company:
Battle Creek Unlimited, Inc. (BCU) is a private, nonprofit corporation, serving as the business and economic development arm for the City of Battle Creek. For nearly 50 years, BCU has had a rich history of bringing investments and jobs to the Battle Creek Community. BCU manages the Fort Custer Industrial Park and is engaged in Community/Downtown Development initiatives. BCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information visit our website at www.bcunlimited.org.