Does making an impact and positioning the community for future growth through economic development intrigue you? Do you enjoy working with companies to understand their opportunities and concerns? Are you a critical thinker with the ability to solve problems? Do you want to work with a dynamic organization that serves a diverse community and is on the upswing by bringing jobs and investments to the Battle Creek Community? Look no further, Battle Creek Unlimited has the job for you. Our work is mission-driven, fulfilling, and fun.
We seek a candidate who is motivated, a team-player, deadline-oriented, and a creative thinker who wants to make a difference. In this cultivating environment, there is an opportunity to learn and grow quickly with the Battle Creek Unlimited team – as you work side by side with energetic business professionals on the forefront of economic development. Remote work systems are in place to allow for flexibility within reason. This job offers excellent benefits and unlimited possibilities. Minimal economic development experience required but preferred.
Job Title: Economic Development Specialist (Exempt-Fulltime)
The job encompasses a wide variety of work, including economic, business and workforce development support services; coordination of projects, programs, and activities in support of the mission; meeting with companies for retention visits; working with city officials, educators, businesses, and workforce development partners to connect resources; assists with managing projects for the tax increment finance authority, brownfield development authority, local development finance authority, and downtown development initiatives; grant writing/fundraising, creates proposals and presentations; researches and compiles demographic and economic data in response to inquiries; meeting coordination; community engagement; and assists with special projects.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
• Three (3) years of full-time work experience or a post-secondary resume in a closely related area of business, public relations, or communications.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is desired unless you have relevant work experience.
• Possess the temperament and flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced and energetic environment.
• Availability to attend in-person meetings on nights/weekends and to reach the office in cases of emergency.
• Very strong verbal, written, and oral communication skills
• Strong multi-tasking skills, meeting deadlines, and performing under pressure.
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
• Must be a self-starter, requiring minimal direction for completing assignments.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce (CRM) preferred.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information. Absolute integrity and discretion are essential.
Pay Range: $55,000 – $70,000 with an excellent benefit package. Desired residency established in the City of Battle Creek within six months. Relocation packages offered.
Deadline to Submit: Please submit resume, cover letter, references to: email@example.com
Resumes are due by July 23, 2021. Interviews will occur in August.
More about the Company:
Battle Creek Unlimited, Inc. (BCU) is a private, nonprofit corporation, serving as the business and economic development arm for the City of Battle Creek. For nearly 50 years, BCU has had a rich history of bringing investments and jobs to the Battle Creek Community. BCU manages the Fort Custer Industrial Park and is engaged in Community/Downtown Development initiatives. BCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit our website at www.bcunlimited.org.